You can work magic with your chocolate in the kitchen, preparing something that is hard to resist. Here are six fun and fantastic ways you can use chocolate in the kitchen.
1. Chocolate red wine cake: In a recipe by Kristin Donnelly, chocolate red wine cake is described as fluffy, containing just enough sugar for people who are watching their weight. The amount of wine used is just enough to give the cake a slight boozy taste.
2. Cocktails: They say good alcohol should not just be saved for drinking. A handful chocolatiers are providing confections with top quality booze as part of their great collections. This can be done right in your kitchen by preparing whiskey or rum chocolate cocktails. Chocolate makes any boozy beverage more luxurious. Well made chocolates with spirits have finesse and sophistication that make them irresistible. For a variety of recipes click here.
3. On bread: This has been described as the world simplest snack as well as a favorite to most chefs who like experiment with chocolate. You will only need to melt the chocolate on toast, then pour olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, and there you go a sweet and sumptuous snack is ready within a short time.
4. Brigadeiros: It may be hard to pronounce this for some of us but the brigadeiros preparation process is simple. All you will need is to melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and some salt to taste. Here is the recipe for this famous Brazilian sweet treat.
5. Do-it-yourself Nutella: To make this delicious homemade Nutella spread, full of hazelnuts and chocolate flavour, you will need shelled hazelnuts, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla extract and a teaspoon of salt. The preparation process is easy, all you have to do is spread the hazelnuts out on a rimmed baking sheet, roast until they change colour to brown, add hazelnuts when cool, then add sugar, cocoa, oil and vanilla as well as salt, and process until they mix well.
6. Chocolate, red wine and red meat: To some, this may be a no-go-zone, but it’s actually a romantic way to serve dinner. Some call it a passionate recipe, an aphrodisiac that goes down well when you are celebrating love or want to show your love a romantic gesture. Want to give it a try? Here is a recipe for you.
With these, among other, recipes, experimenting with chocolate and coming up with something that everyone will enjoy is fun.
Like It? Share It!