Yes! Chocolate is EXTREMELY healthy!
We always knew that, but let’s look at some interesting facts.
What Are The Benefits Of Chocolate?
- Research reveals that Cocoa Beans are perhaps the best source of antioxidants, containing up to ten percent antioxidant concentration levels. That is three times more antioxidants than green tea and twice the amount in red wine. Blueberries are often said to be a great source of antioxidants, however, while domestic blueberries have 32 antioxidants, and wild blueberries have 61, Cocoa Beans have 621! Antioxidants have several health benefits. They absorb free radicals in your body and protect against cell damage reducing the risks of several kinds of cancer. Additionally, antioxidants also help regulate cholesterol levels, blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
- Cocoa Beans are rich in a number of essential minerals and vitamins, including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E and pantothenic acid.
- Cocoa also has mood enhancing skills as it helps to stimulate the brain into releasing neurotransmitters that have positive effects on human emotions and that is why chocolate makes people happy.
What Kind Of Chocolate To Choose?
- Cocoa Nibs or Cocoa Beans are the least processed and most natural form of chocolate and they are known as one of the most accessible and rich “Superfoods“. Both are nutrient dense and therefore a fantastic healthy snack.
- Cocoa Nibs are essentially Cocoa Beans that have been roasted, separated from their husks, and broken into smaller pieces. Cocoa Nibs have a crunchy texture with a slightly nutty flavor.
- Treat Cocoa Nibs and Cocoa Beans like your daily vitamins and before long you will be reaping the benefits of this contemporary power food! Cocoa Nibs can be easily mixed into smoothies, salads, desserts or pasta dishes. Cocoa Beans are great to snack on right out of the box.
- If you prefer to eat a chocolate bar then choose one with a high cocoa content 70% and above as these chocolates are considered to be most beneficial.
The Bottom Line
The Maya called it “Food of God” and so it is a real Superfood. Just like an apple, a chocolate a day may help keep the doctor away and health problems at bay.
Like it? Share it!