Did you ever wonder why Chocolate Chip Cookies are so popular? A lot of stories surround this famous cookie and one of them states that it was created by accident by Ruth Wakefield in the 1930's. Ruth added broken chocolate bar pieces into her cookie batter thinking that they would melt. Instead, the classic cookie was born.
Chocolate cookies are certainly one of our favorite desserts. It takes only 30 min to whip up those delicious paleo cookies, gluten and dairy free. This recipe was adapted from Dr. Goerg.
- 100 g Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 Table Spoons Coconut Sugar / Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 or 2 Tea Spoons of Takamaka Coco Rum (optional)
- 3 Table Spoons Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 Table Spoons Cocoa Powder (100% cocoa unsweetened)
- 1 Tea Spoon Baking Soda (gluten free)
- 50 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional: Hazelnuts
1. Cover backing tray with baking paper. Preheat oven.
Top / Bottom heat: about 160 ° C
Hot air: about 150 ° C
2. Mix the coconut oil with the sugar in a mixing bowl. Then fold in the two eggs.
3. Remove the vanilla from the vanilla pod with a spoon and add to the organic coconut flour, baking soda, salt and the cocoa powder. Add all ingredients into the existing mass and stir well. Add the chocolate chips into the batter.
4. Form small clumps with a tea spoon and place them on the baking tray. Decorate with hazelnuts (optional). Bake cookies for approximately 15 to 20 min.
5. Once done, let them cool down before removing them from the tray. Enjoy!
Like it? Share it!